Dutch ICP no longer valid in several EU countries

Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece no longer accept this certificate as it is an ownership document and not a proper Flag Registration Certificate.

You should really consider to change the ICP dutch registration to the Polish Flag. Please note the following:
The ICP is not a flag registration, but a ownership registration only.

Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain no longer accept that registration as a Flag – which means that if you fly in those countries, your boat will be stopped by the maritime police and you can no longer use it before you apply to a proper flag registration. More EU countries should adopt the same procedure very soon.
These are the necessary documents to perform the change from ICP to Polish Flag.
By the way, as the ICP is not a flag registration, you can apply to the Polish flag without de-registering the ICP – just let it expire. With the ICP, your boat is without a flag so it can already be registered with the Polish Flag.

Boat Registration with Polish Flag
prices starting from
Certificate issued in 24h
Official Certificate issued in Poland and internationally recognised
No yacht inspections for lengths up to 15m
Available to citizens of all nationalities
Recreational or Commercial/Charter use
Official Flag Registration
No mandatory safety equipment list (see our recommendation below)
Certificate valid for life
We can request the mandatoty Ship Radio License (MMSI)
Dedicated team in Poland
All translations into Polish are included
All documentation can be sent via e-mail
VAT will not be charged to EU companies
Order now!
MMSI Radio Official Certificate
prices starting from
MMSI & callsign for your radio
Ship Radio License valid worldwide and can be used with the Polish Flag
Includes license to 1 VHF Radio or more devices
Available for AIS, EPIRB or PLB, Radar
MMSI recognised internationally
International Radio Callsign
Radio Operator License not mandatory for MMSI request
License Issued by the Official Authorities
Certificate valid for 10 years (€279 agent yearly fee only)
VAT will not be charged to EU companies
Order now!
VHF Portable Radio with MMSI license included
prices starting from
VHF Radio with DSC/GPS and MMSI license included
Portable Radio License issued by the UK authorities
Radio is shipped with Digital MMSI/Callsign Certificate
Radio Operator License not mandatory for MMSI/callsign request
License is automatically renewable every year
VAT will not be charged to EU companies
Order now!
Change your Boat Registration
prices starting from
Change any existing registration
We will provide all sort of changes to your existing Polish Boat certificate
Change/Add new engine
Change Boat Name
Add/change Auxiliary Boat (Dinghy)
Change Pleasure/Commercial Use
Delete Polish Registration
Order now!

The Polish Authorities do not require a mandatory list of safety equipment for boats up to 24m. However, it is wise to have a minimum amount of safety equipment on board at all times. [popup_anything id=”442″]

Do I need an Official Certificate for my boat? And why should I choose the Polish Flag?

Every yacht requires an Official Flag Registration. If you don’t have one, registering your boat with a Polish flag, brings you many advantages:

  • No inspections for boats with a length of up to 15m
  • No Maritime restrictions – You can fly the ship anywhere in the world
  • Official Flag Registration with the Polish Authorities
  • Registration can be very quick (24 hours)
  • This will be a certificate for life. 
  • Commercial use is also possible up to 12 persons on board (including crew)

If your boat length is above 15m, we can issue your flag certificate without inspection, but you will need one to operate the vessel. Boats with length above 15m require a “Safety Card”. For commercial use, an inspection conducted by the Polish authorities is required (an official will travel to your boat location). Boats with length above 15m that are for pleasure use can obtain a seaworthiness certificate issued locally by most countries.
If you need a quote to obtain a Safety Card, please contact us.

No skipper license is required for
– sailboats length up 7,5 m (which may be equipped with an auxiliary engine)
– motorboats up to 10 kW
– practicing water tourism on motorboats with an engine power up to 75 kW with a hull length up to 13m, where the maximum speed is structurally limited to 15 km/h

The Registration with the Polish Flag is available to any citizen in the world or a EU based company (We will provide a legal representative and a Polish official address for you)

Once we receive your order for a Boat Registration, we will need the following documentation:

  • The new boat name, in case you want to change it.
  • A document that proves the ownership – bill of sale, invoice, etc
  • the document that proves the ship’s dimensions, hull’s material, producer, place of building, year, type of the vessel (ex. Bavaria or Sea Doo), category, maximal number of people allowed on it
  • If the vessel has an engine, the document that proves the engine’s power (CE declaration, or a picture of nameplates on or the manufacturer’s manual)
  • Copy of the cancelation of the previous registration (in case the boat has/had a previous registration)
  • Copy of the CE certificate or Builder’s Certificate or any other document showing the dimensions of the vessel. (for example the owners guide)
  • Copy of the owner’s passport  or ID Card

This information can be submitted by replying to the order confirmation e-mail that you will receive.

After we receive your documentation, we will send you a pre-filled form that you need to sign and send back to us.

A scanned copy of the  issued certificate will be sent to your e-mail and the original document sent by post.

Can I modify, change owners, delete an existing Polish Certificate, add an auxiliary boat, add a new engine, etc?
Yes, you can make any changes. Check our certificate management options.

Can I request an insurance for my boat?
Yes, you can request a quote for the insurance of your boat.

Why do I need a MMSI Radio License for my boat?
All vessels carrying a fixed or portable radio require a MMSI Radio License. When applying for a MMSI Radio License, you will need to submit information about your vessel, like name, tonnage, port of registration, list of safety equipment onboard, etc.

Can I get a MMSI Radio License for any type of boat?
Yes, all the licenses we provide are issued by the Official Authorities and can accommodate any type of vessel.

My boat is used commercially. Is your license valid for such operation?
Yes, all the licenses we provide are issued by the Official Authorities and are valid for both leisure and commercial operation.

Is this MMSI Radio License valid in my country?
Yes, all the licenses we provide are issued by the Official Authorities and are valid anywhere in the world.

Do I need a MMSI?
If you have a DSC-radio or an AIS transponder, you are required to have an MMSI. All our plans include a Radio License with the MMSI number.

How to reset the MMSI of my Garmin AIS 600?
You can do it here!

Is VAT included in the prices?
Yes. 22% VAT is included. We will deduct the VAT to all EU based companies with a registered EU VAT number. (Estonian companies still need to pay the VAT)