Our Most Responsive Autopilot System on the Water
- Solid-state 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Minimises heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride
- Minimal commissioning and calibration
- One compact, brushless SmartPump fits most hydraulically steered boating applications
- Patented Shadow Drive™ technology keeps you in control, even when autopilot is engaged
With a complete package designed for powerboats and sailing boats, Garmin brings an advanced marine technology to the boating public that was once only available for commercial boats. The Reactor 40 autopilot series is simply the most responsive autopilot system we have ever offered.
Solid-state 9-axis AHRS
With its advanced solid-state 9-axis AHRS, you can mount Reactor 40 nearly anywhere, in any orientation. In addition, this new system greatly minimises heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride for all on board.
Reacts to Sea Conditions
This amazing autopilot actually reacts to the sea to hold your course. Even when the boat is pitching and rolling, you can remain confident that the Reactor 40 autopilot will keep you on your desired course.
Minimal Commissioning and Calibration
All autopilots require commissioning and calibration — all of them. We know you just want to get on the water, so we made this process as fast and easy as possible. That?s the power of simple.
Full Integration with Garmin Chartplotters
Combined with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter, you can have full control of Reactor 40 from wherever you are on the boat. In addition to holding its course in virtually all weather and wind conditions, the system can smoothly perform a variety of preprogrammed trolling and search procedures. Plus, with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter and optional BlueChart g3 Vision charts (sold separately), you gain industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with updated coastal charts that feature integrated Garmin and Navionics? content.
One SmartPump Is the Easy Solution
The Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump puts an end to guessing which pump size will work with your particular boat. One SmartPump works for most boats; for optimum control and confidence, you?ll know you have the right pump for your boat. Plus, you get complete control in a smaller size with better thermal performance, higher reliability and lower power consumption. It also includes colour-coded connectors to make it very easy to install. Pretty smart.
Limit the Maximum Flow Rate
Reactor 40 with SmartPump automatically adjusts the maximum flow rate for a particular boat from 0 to 2.4 L per minute. It also uses a brushless motor, which provides increased reliability, longer pump life, reduced power consumption, quiet operation, a smaller package, improved thermal performance and higher efficiency.
Eliminate Risk of Rudder “Hard Over”
The Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump is a complete autopilot package. SmartPump is one integrated unit comprised of a motor drive circuit with the pump in a single assembly. Equipped with Intelligent Rudder Rate Technology (IRRT), it slows the rudder rate when the vessel is at high speeds and speeds up rudder rate when the vessel is at lower speeds to provide optimal performance and safety in all conditions.
Enjoy a Longer Lasting System
Boating environments are harsh, especially on saltwater. So our SmartPump is protected from the elements. SmartPump is engineered from corrosion-resistant components, including anodized aluminium and nickel-plated steel parts.
Experience Advanced Autopilot Technology
With a Reactor 40 with SmartPump aboard your boat, you can have control wherever you are on the boat. In addition to holding it’s course in virtually all weather and wind conditions, the system can smoothly perform a variety of preprogrammed trolling and search procedures.
Stay in Control with Shadow Drive Technology
The Reactor 40 autopilot features patented Shadow Drive technology. This gives you the security of knowing you maintain control, even when the autopilot is engaged. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, giving you the freedom to manoeuvre the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when you hold a steady course.
Add Even More Peace of Mind
Add an optional GRF 10 rudder feedback sensor, and you can further enhance the performance of your Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump.
1 Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 197 mm x 190 mm x 244 mm
- Weight: 7.5 kg
- Temperature range: From -15°C to 55°C
- Material: Electronics Control Unit (ECU) – fully gasketed, aluminium alloy; bracket – carbon steel; manifold – aluminium alloy; motor – aluminium alloy
- Power cable length: 2.7 m
- Power input: 11.5-30 VDC
- Fuse: 40A, blade-type
- Main power usage: standby – less than 1A; engaged – 5-10A; peak – 34A
- Flow rate: Configurable from 0 to 2.4 L per minute
- Compatible with steering cylinder sizes from 4-24 cu in; 7 second lock to lock up to 17 cu in
- Dimensions: 91.4 mm diameter (3 19/32″)
- Weight: 159 g
- Temperature range: from -15°C to 55°C
- Case material: Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic, waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
- CCU cable length: 3 m
- NMEA 2000 power input: 9-16V
- NMEA 2000 LEN: 3 (150 mA)
- Dimensions (L x Diameter): 23 mm x 25 mm
- Weight: 68 g
- Temperature range: from -15°C to 55°C
- Cable length: 3.0 m
- Reactor 40 CCU (Course Computer Unit)
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
- Interconnect cable
- Shadow Drive™
- NMEA 2000? drop cables (2 metres)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- Male and female terminators