Auto-guided Navigation for Sailboaters
- Full-featured marine autopilot for 20- to 70-ft sailboats
- Three linear drives available capable of driving different steering systems
- Supports heading hold, wind hold, step turns, tack/jibe and much more
- Controlled using a GHC™ helm control unit and is compatible with the GHC remote and quatix? marine watch
- NMEA 2000? connectivity
GHP 12 brings Garmin?s full-featured marine autopilot technology to the sailing community. This second-generation autopilot is designed for 20- to 70-foot sailboats with linear-actuated steering systems.
Enjoy Simplified Sailing
Using the GHP 12 sailboat autopilot system is like having an extra set of hands aboard your vessel. When interfaced with Garmin’s GWS 10 or compatible wind sensor, GPS and network electronics (all sold separately), GHP 12 can support heading hold, wind hold, step turns, tack/jibe and much more. This allows you to safely attend to your sails, lines, winches and radios without worry.
Connect to Networked Devices
The GHP 12 is accessed through the GHC™ 10 helm control unit, which is fully NMEA 2000? certified. In addition to easy installation, NMEA 2000 compatibility allows you to share autopilot heading data with other devices on your network, including Garmin chartplotters that can provide GPS-enabled route guidance. GHP 12 supports both linear actuated steering systems on sailboats on a single system. For sailboat applications there are two linear drives available from Garmin capable of driving many different steering systems to fit almost any midsize to large sailboat (depending on the particular installation):
- Class A Drive Unit – For sailboats with up to 28,500 lbsof displacement.
- Class B Drive Unit – For larger sailboats with up to 79,000 lbsof displacement.
GHC 10 dimensions, WxHxD: 4.3 ” x 4.4 ” x 1.9 ” (10.9 x 11.2 x 4.8 cm)
CCU dimensions: 3.6 ” diameter (9.1 cm diameter)
ECU dimensions: 6.6 ” x 4.6 ” x 2.1 ” (16.8 x 11.7 x 5.3 cm)
GHC 10 display resolution, WxH: 320 x 240 pixels
GHC 10 display type: QVGA colour LCD display
NMEA output: NMEA 0183 (GHC 10), NMEA 2000 (GHP 12 & GHC 10)
- GHP 12: 10V to 28V
- GHC 10: 7V to 32V
Operating temperature: -15° C to 60 C° (5° F to 140° F)
What’s in the box:
- GHC™ helm control unit
- GHP 12 Electronics Control Unit (ECU)
- GHP 12 Course Computer Unit (CCU)
- CCU/ECU interconnect cable (with threaded collar)
- GHC cable
- 2 NMEA 2000? drop cable (2 m)
- ECU power cable (with threaded collar)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- 3 NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- 1 male and 1 female terminator